BI In Action >> Self Service BI
To inform the right decisions, you need simple, intuitive ad hoc reporting and analysis. A business intelligence solution should support interactive exploration across multiple dimensions of your business and let you create queries using business-friendly language.
- Search Experience Similar to Google or Yahoo -Users enters keywords to find instant business information with return results ranked by relevance.
- Search Concurrent Data Sources – Search data across an entire BI landscape and any data source that it accesses.
- Self-Service Access – Pervasive searches with queries directly to data without the need for a predefined report or query.
- Guided Data Exploration – The most relevant keyword search results are presented first, allowing end-users to access additional contextually relevant details as they explore.
- Intuitive Visualization – The system automatically generates charts and graphs that best represents the information being queries – no cryptic data model or data knowledge is required by any end-user.
Benefits to End user:
- Team Collaboration – Share information easily via e-mail, embedded URL, and other popular communication formats.
- Leverages Existing BI Infrastructure – Reuses existing semantic layer, security, and administration services already deployed within the FACTis BI platform.
- Limited End-User Training Required – Intuitive end-user interface and functionality allows first-time users to get started with next-to-no formal training.
- Rapid Implementation Schedule – Add search, exploration, and visualization functionality to an existing FACTis BI deployment in as little as a few days.