Multiple Data Source and Data Connectivity
BI In Action >> Multiple Data Source and Data Connectivity
A semantic layer is a business representation of corporate data that helps end users access data autonomously using common business terms.
Key Features & Benefits
- Semantic layer use business terms, rather than data language, to access, manipulate, and organize information; it simplifies the complexity of business data.
- Access to all the major relational data base sources
- Supports and extends database security
- Provides multi-source layer to combine more than one relational data source at a time.
- A semantic layer enables business users to access and analyze data stored in a relational database and OLAP cubes.
- Increases self-sufficiency and reduces IT bottleneck.
- Reduces, postpones or eliminates ETL development cycles